Download Outline Register
PMO: Set up and Sustain Project Management Office
Today, managing project is more complicated and faces challenges with constraints limiting the project success. Organizations have instituted project management to drive successful implementation of projects. Establishing an entity called Project management office (PMO) is one of the important practiced features to support project managers, coordinate, centralize organizational project management and standardize tools, templates, procedures, and methodology for consistencies and efficiency.
The course is intended for the management, PMO manager and PMO staffs who would like to manage the PMO to support business. Participants will get best practices in setting up, managing and sustaining the project management office as a center of project excellence.
Who Should Attend:
People related to projects and PMO:
- Management people who manage or coordinate projects
o Corporate Manager
o Project Manager
- People who facilitate managing multiple projects or track project progress o Head of PMO
o PMO staffs
o Project members who support project managers in terms of project reporting, project schedule and project monitoring and control
- Understand the PMO characteristics, responsibilities and functions
- Learn how to implement a PMO in organizations
- Learn how to improve project management in organizations
- Learn how to support and monitor projects in order to drive more success for project delivery
Lecture, workshops and individual project presentation
2 days (12 hours, 12 PDUs), 09:00 – 16:00
Technical Project Management 12 PDUs
13,900 Baht (VAT7% = 973 Baht, Total = 14,873 Baht)
Early Bird 10,900 Baht - to be paid 2 weeks prior to training (VAT7% = 763 Baht, Total = 11,663 Baht)
Jasmine City Hotel, Soi Sukhumvit 23, Klongtoey-Nua, Wattana, Bangkok (See Map)
Arintra Punyayuttakan PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, LeSS, CSQA, CSTE, CSPM, MCTS
Paiboon Punyayuttakan PMP, CISSP, CISA, IRCA, ITIL, Project+
Set up and Sustain Project Management Office
- Definition of project, program, portfolio and project management office (PMO)
- How project portfolio management support business strategy?
- Bridging "doing the right projects" with "doing the project right"
- Workshop & Case Study : Business strategy cascade down to project portfolio management
- Why CEO, COO, CIO need PMO?
- Value & Benefit of PMO
- Types and Roles of PMO
- Establish PMO responsibilities within the organization
- Roles and Responsibilities of
o Project Manager
o Program Manager
o Portfolio Manager
o Head of PMO
o Top Management (CEO , COO , CIO)
- The PMO: promoter of project management excellence
- Project Management Maturity Model
- Workshop & Case Study : Project Management Maturity Level Assessment
- Day 2
- Establishing Project Management Office (PMO)
o How PMO manage stakeholder involvement?
o How PMO gain support from top management?
o Addressing PMO challenges & risks
o Implementing the roadmap to mature the PMO
- Workshop & Case Study : Step by Step to Establish PMO
- How to manage & sustain PMO?
How to setup project management single methodology?
o Standardizing and Automating Project Management Processes
o Recognizing the benefits of standardization
o Building/updating processes for your environment
o Developing standard document templates
o Performing independent project audits
o How to measurement & improve project management process?
- Workshop & Case study : Project QA lead to Continuous Improvement
- Develop Project Manager Competency
o How to improve project manager competency?
o Building strong project / portfolio management competencies
- Implementing a content repository
o Establishing standards for storing all project content
o Identify and Communicate Projects Dependencies
o Establishing project lesson learned & knowledge management
- Analyzing and Reporting project portfolio progress
- Applying Performance Measures
o Incorporating Earned Value Management (EVM) to KPI
o Measuring project costs and benefits against the plan
o Collecting and reporting to top management
o Ensuring Proper Governance
*PMI and PMP are registered marks of the Project Management Institute. Inc.
Project management office, PMO, project manager, project office, project officer, PMO officer, PMO staff, project success, อบรม PMO, อบรม project management office, อบรม project office, project QA, โครงการสำเร็จ, สำนักบริหารโครงการ, บริหารโครงการ pmp